Christmas is that time of year when we make our home into a seasonal wonderland! Take a photo of how you’ve decorated an interior room in your home for the holidays – we’re talking Christmas trees and holiday mantels, even your dining room made ready for Christmas dinner. Whatever you like! Whether your look is jolly red and green or sophisticated white and silver, we want to see your holiday home design style and what says “Merry Christmas” to you. It might just make you a winner!
No purchase is required and entries do not have to include DownEast products, but if they do – please point them out to us! Here’s what to do:
Post the photo to one or more social platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or your own blog or personal website – with the tag or description including #DownEastHome or “DownEast Home”.
Send the same photo to email@example.com and include your full name and city and state where you reside. Also provide a brief description of your photo, tell us what social platform it was posted to, and attach a screen captured image from your computer documenting it.
DownEast will select the top 10 entries, with the submitted photos to be used as posts on our blog. And, we will invite our fans to vote for which photo they like the best. The one photo with the most votes wins!
If your entry is among our top 10, when it’s posted on our blog you’ll be able to share the link with your own fans, family and friends to vote for you, too! So, be sure to stay tuned throughout the length of the contest!
The photo that receives the most votes via comments to the blog post will receive a $500 shopping spree at a DownEast Home store in Utah, Idaho or Arizona. In the case of a tie, DownEast will serve as the final judge to select the winner.
So go ahead, show us your holiday style!
* By emailing your submission, you indicate you agree to abide by the official rules
* Contest photo submission period start date: 12:00 AM ET on Monday, December 2, 2013
* Contest photo submission period end date: 11:59 PM ET on Monday, December 16, 2013
*Top 10 finalists announced on December 18, 2013; voting period to take place from December 18 – December 30, 2013. Official winner announced by January 6, 2014.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “DownEast Home Holiday Room Makeover” (the “contest”) officially starts accepting photo submissions at 12:00 AM ET on Monday, December 2, 2013. Entrants have until 11:59 PM ET on Monday, December 16, 2013, to submit photos for consideration to win (“photo submission entry period”). The top 10 finalists will be announced on December 18, 2013; and the voting period will take place from December 18 – December 30, 2013. Official winner with the most votes will be announced by January 6, 2014. Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this contest. The contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: In order to enter the contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules. By entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the sponsor, DownEast, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of DownEast, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this contest (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and or “step”) and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the contest). Contest is open only to U.S. residents over the age of 18.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must perform the following during the photo submission entry period:
1. Take a photo of a holiday themed room or project inside your home and post it to one or more social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or your own blog or personal website. Include the tagged phrase #DownEastHome or “DownEast Home” in the description. Failure to include this statement shall disqualify your entry.
2. Using an official email address, send the same photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and city and state where you reside. Also provide in the email a brief description of the photo and name the platform(s) to which it was posted. Also, attach a screen-captured image from your computer documenting it. Failure to follow these steps shall disqualify your entry. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET, December 16, 2013. Limit one (1) entry per person per e-mail address throughout the photo submission entry period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to submit the entry.
Content and Entry Requirements. By entering the contest and submitting a photo, you represent and warrant that the photo was taken in your own residence or property and that the photo taken belongs solely to you. If any people are in the photo, you further represent and warrant that you have obtained their written consent or permission to use their image or likeness, and that you will be able to provide that documentation to sponsor upon request. Any submitted content that, in sponsor’s sole discretion, (i) is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; (ii) violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, brand of any third person or entity; (iii) includes harassing or inappropriate content, a commercial solicitation or promotional materials; (iv) does not comply with the contest official rules; or (v) is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered by sponsor and sponsor may disqualify the entry.
ALL ENTRIES SUBJECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES (AS INTERPRETED AND IMPLEMENTED BY SPONSOR).
3. JUDGING CRITERIA; FINALIST/WINNER SELECTION: The top 10 finalists of the contest will be determined on or about December 18, 2013, by the sponsor, DownEast. All of the finalists will have their photo submission posted as separate blog posts on the blog www.downeasthomeblog.com. All finalists will then be notified by email that they have been selected as a finalist, and will be provided the link to where their photo appears on the blog. An official voting period will take place from December 18-30, 2013. Voters can cast a vote for the photo they like the best by placing a comment under the blog post of that photo. Finalists are permitted to share the link where their photo appears on their own social media accounts and websites as well as with personal contacts inviting people to vote for their entry. The official winner will be determined as the finalist who receives the most votes during the voting period. The official winner will be announced by January 6, 2014. In the event of a tie, DownEast will serve as the final judge to select the winner.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified solely by the email address provided at the time of entry, on or about January 6, 2014. Winner selection is under the supervision of sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. The winner will have (10) ten days to reply and confirm acceptance of the prize. If (10) ten days have passed with no response from the selected winner, an alternate winner will be chosen.
5. PRIZES: The retail value (the “ARV”) of the prize is $500.00 and consists of a gift certificate for use in any DownEast Home & Clothing store in Utah, Idaho or Arizona. Winner must redeem the prize in person at one of these store locations. The winner is solely responsible for transporting all products redeemed with gift certificate to their residence. DownEast will not ship products to the winner. There is a total of one (1) prize to be awarded to one (1) winner. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prize permitted, except that sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars.
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s agreement and consent for sponsor and its successors, assigns, transferees, licensees, and sublicensees to use, replicate, alter, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property rights with respect to the winner’s full name, city and state of residence, photographs, and/or statements made by winner regarding the contest or sponsor, worldwide, royalty-free and in perpetuity for any and all purposes. Personal information collected by sponsor will be used for administration of the contest and awarding the prize. Furthermore, by entering, entrants agree to DownEast’s use of entrant’s personal information. DownEast is not responsible for disclosures made by any third party. All entries become the property of sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, or with any Web sites promoting the contest; (b) acting in violation of the official rules; (c) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (d) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason. If sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the contest, sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the contest promotion, including the entire contest promotion, and/or modify the contest and/or select the winner to award the prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless the sponsor, DownEast, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, successors, employees, from any and all liability, for loss, harm (including emotional distress), damage, cost or expense whatsoever, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants and winners acknowledge that releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any representations or guarantees, expressed or implied, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, expressed warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or sponsor or releasees in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law.
9. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER: The winner’s name will be posted at http://www.downeasthomeblog.com on or about January 6, 2014.
10. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the contest is DownEast Home & Clothing, 375 W Hope Avenue, Salt Lake City, UT 84115.